I have seen the Sunshine Award on several of the blogs I follow, and I always thought it was quite nice that a community of wordpress bloggers were reaching out to others in recognition. It was my lucky day when Hope The Happy Hugger nominated me! You should visit her if you have not. Thanks so very much for all the “hugs” ♥ and the award.
According to the award rules: Thank the person who nominated you “hugs!” and also nominate other bloggers and answer some questions about yourself:
- favorite Musician: Todd Rundgren – been in my life one way or another since I was a teen in high school. Grew up with the Beatles, grew old with Todd. I think songs like “Kindness” and “Compassion” and “Only Human” would be popular with some of my fellow bloggers.
- Favorite color combination: Black/Red or black and just about any color 🙂
- Favorite place I have lived: Minneapolis had great memories for me and my wife, but have to say that Dallas, Texas USA is just a bit more “home” – it is the place we have lived the longest
- Favorite Movie: I have a list of over 50. And it wouldn’t ever be a right answer. But old or new movies, I was a student of movies in college and a lover of movies since I was 6. Musicals, Drama, Comedy, Suspense, Mystery, Westerns, some of all of them.
- Not every one knows: I was a radio DJ (disc jockey) in college. And for a while the Station Manager and Program Director. Public radio with a very eclectic playlist. And it features the World’s Largest Trivia Contest (the 43rd annual event is happening this weekend)- teams call in for the entire weekend to answer 1000’s of obscure questions with points to win.
- If I had a million dollars: I would buy you a monkey, or a nice reliable automobile (Just too easy I guess)
- Favorite alcoholic drink: Martini Dry with olives ( shake it- stir it I don’t care)
- Favorite Bible Verse: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)
- My pet’s name: Steele the cat- 14 years old and over 15lbs. Big grey retired mouser who thinks only about food these days. Used to think he was a dog.
- Lori at Bless Your Hippie Heart – Such a kind and wonderful perspective on life
- Steve Lucas with Yesterday Lucas- Steve is a great missionary with a wonderful mission in Costa Rica. Moved his entire family there and is dedicated to God’s purpose.
- Miss Audrey In Wonderland – it is great to see that no matter where in the world you are- there are similar perspectives on love, life and the pursuit of joy
- Same thing here- just great fun to see where life is taking No Blog Intended
- istopforsuffering– kindness and goodness- and always wonderful to understand the perspectives the spirit
- Mari is inspirational at Peace the consciousness… with some great prose too
- Aix at PURE INSTINCT is spiritually centered beyond her age
I know there are more I could nominate and I am still new at this effort myself, so I am learning more and meeting virtual people as I go. Thanks.